This is the list of changes to Taipy releases as they were published.
Community edition: 1.1¶
Published on 2022-06.
taipy.gui.Stateinstance can be initialized in a user-defined function. See the on_init attribute of the
taipy.gui.Guiclass for more details.
- Page definitions and the bound variables can be isolated in a module to clarify the
application code organization.
See this section for details.
chartcontrol can display georeferenced data on top of maps.
See this example for details.
slidercontrols have a new change_delay property that lets you tune how fast you want to propagate changes.
This allows for a better user experience.
inputcontrol has a new password property that, if True, obscures the user input.
selectorcontrols have a new label property that lets you display a label inside the control.
layoutblock has new syntax that makes it easier to define a repetition of column definition.
- Support for multiple assignment to variables in on_change().
- Execution modes: "development" mode (default) runs tasks in a synchronous way one task at a time, while "standalone" mode runs tasks in an asynchronous and parallel way using sub-processes.
- Retry policy to read entities: the global configuration attribute retry_read_entity indicates the number of times Taipy will retry in case of error.
- Performance improvements when reading and writing entities.
Significant bug fixes¶
- Concurrency issues were fixed.
- Taipy supports HTTPS via reverse proxies.
- The attr_list extension can
be used to style individual Markdown elements without the need for a CSS file.
- The path attribute of
DataNodeConfig, for CSV, Excel and Pickle types is now deprecated.
default_path must be used instead: it is the default path to use when instantiating a data node from the config. Note that the attribute in the
DataNodeentity is still called path.
- The last_edition_date attribute of data nodes is now deprecated.
last_edit_date must be used instead.
- The edition_in_progress attribute of data nodes is now deprecated.
edit_in_progress must be used instead.
Enterprise edition: 1.1¶
Published on 2022-06.
This release contains all of
as well as additional features.
- User authentication.
- Authorization checks for all entities.
- Job recovery mechanism on application restart.
- Page generation based on the user's identity.
Community edition: 1.0¶
Published on 2022-04.
- Multiple pages support
- Binding to global variables
- Python expression support in visual element properties
- Initial visual element set including tables and charts.
- Page content support for Markdown and HTML
- Jupyter Notebook support
- Full configuration system
- Data node management (read/write/filter/cache)
- Predefined data nodes (CSV, SQL, EXCEL, PICKLE)
- Scenario and cycle management
- Smart scheduling and execution (Scenario, Pipeline, and Task submission)
- REST APIs on top of