CoreSection holds configuration fields related to the Core service.
Here are the (optional) configurable properties:
- root_folder: The path of the base folder for the Taipy application, its default value is "./taipy/".
- storage_folder: The folder name used to store Taipy data, its default value is ".data/". It is used in conjunction with the root_folder field. That means the default storage path is "./taipy/.data/".
- read_entity_retry: An integer number only used with
It corresponds to the number of times Taipy retries reading an entity after a failed attempt for concurrent access.
The default value is 1.
- repository_type: The type of storage that will be used to hold Taipy entities. Available
mongo. The filesystem will be used as the default repository if no repository type is informed.
- repository_properties: A dictionary of properties that will be used to instantiate the
chosen repository. Only required if the chosen repository is
mongo. If repository_type is set to
filesystem, Taipy uses root_folder and storage_folder to store entities. In this case, repository_properties attribute is not required. If repository_type is set to
sql, the db_location attribute is required as the path of a sqlite3 database file. Please refer to SQL storage section. If repository_type is set to
mongo, the possible properties are mongodb_hostname, mongodb_user, mongodb_password, mongodb_port, application_db, properties. Please refer to MongoDB storage section.
- mode: A string that indicates the mode of the version management system. Possible values are "development", "experiment", or "production".
- version_number: The identifier of the version. In development mode, the version number is ignored.
- force: Indicates whether Taipy will override a version even if the configuration has changed or not and run the application. Default to False.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1 2 3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
In this example, we configure:
- Custom values for the root_folder, storage_folder, and read_entity_retry parameters. Note that most of the time, the default values can be used.
- The mode of the version management system to experiment mode, and the version_number is set to "1.0.0". Please refer to the Version management configuration documentation page for more details.
- In lines 9, a custom application_name property are specified.
SQL storage for Taipy entities¶
The configuration needed to use a SQL database, through sqlite3 engine, is described in the lines 6-7.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
taipy_modelin the database described in the configuration, where it stores information about the taipy entities.
Here are the configurable properties for the SQL repository: - db_location: The path of a sqlite3 database file.
MongoDB storage for Taipy entities¶
Available in Taipy Enterprise edition
This section is relevant only to the Enterprise edition of Taipy.
The configuration needed to use a mongo database is described in the lines 6-14.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Taipy will create a collection, in the database described in the configuration, for each Taipy
Job), where it will store information
about the Taipy entities.
Here are the configurable properties for the Mongo repository:
- mongodb_hostname: The URL for the mongo database.
- mongodb_user: The username to access the database.
- mongodb_password: The password to access the database.
- mongodb_port: The port to access the database. This property is optional and has 27017 as a default value.
- application_db: The database that will hold the taipy collections.