This is the list of changes to Taipy releases as they were published.
Community edition: 2.0¶
Published on 2022-10.
taipy 2.0 contains the latest
taipy-core 2.0 and
taipy-rest 2.0 packages.
- Extension API: custom visual elements can be integrated into Taipy GUI applications.
Third party HTML components can be integrated into Taipy GUI pages to address specific use cases.
See Extension API for details.
- New callbacks (
on_status) can be used to initialize a new session, detect navigation events, trigger code when exceptions are raised in user code, and invoke code when a status page is requested.
See Callbacks for details.
- New functions allow applications to invoke long-running callbacks without blocking.
See Long Running Callbacks for details.
- The Taipy GUI application configuration uses the generic Taipy configuration mechanism exposed in the
- An application can request the status of the server application using the "status" predefined page.
- The new 'base' property of the chart control makes it possible to create Gantt chart-like displays.
See Gantt Charts for details.
- New data node named SQLTableDataNode. It represents a table in a SQL database.
- New data node named JSONDataNode. It represents the data from a JSON file.
- SQLDataNode behavior is changed due to the release of SQLTableDataNode. Now it represents the data using custom read and write queries.
- In standalone mode, a job whose status is
BLOCKEDcan be canceled. When canceling the job, its subsequent jobs will be abandoned, and their statuses will be set to
ABANDONED. When the cancel method is called on a job whose status is either
SKIPPED, its subsequent jobs will be abandoned while its status remains unchanged. A job whose status is
ABANDONEDcannot be canceled.
- Taipy Core can now be run as a service by using
tp.run(Core()). By running Core as a service, Taipy initializes the scheduler and the job dispatcher based on the provided configuration. The Taipy Core service can be run along with Taipy GUI or Taipy Rest services.
- The new
taipy-configpackage was exposed to be used by any other Taipy package for configuration and logging.
2.0.0 - Stopping then re-running the
Gui instance is no longer required in Notebook contexts.
- A discrete graphical indicator is displayed on top of pages when the server is processing.
- The data node of a scenario or a pipeline can now be accessed directly at the scenario or pipeline levels.
- When submitting a scenario, a pipeline, or a task, the job(s) created will be returned.
- When submitting a scenario, pipeline, or task in standalone mode, the user can use the parameters wait and timeout to wait until the submitted jobs are finished or up to timeout seconds.
- When in standalone mode, the job dispatcher runs in a sub-thread that periodically checks for new jobs submitted by Taipy to execute.
- When a running job fails, its subsequent jobs will be automatically abandoned.
- A primary scenario can be deleted along with its cycle if it is the only scenario in the cycle.
- The messages of the various Exceptions that can be raised have been improved to help the users debug their applications.
Significant bug fixes¶
imagecontrol may not render properly.
See issue #436.
- Clarify and improve the
editable) property in the
See issue #464.
- [gui] section in configuration files breaks the application.
See issue #469.
- Bar charts' "barmode" set to "stack" is broken.
See issue #445.
- Do not update
last_edit_datewhen a job fails or is abandoned. See issue #366.
- The field
*nb_of_workers*within the Config has been deprecated in favor of
Enterprise edition: 2.0¶
Published on 2022-10.
- SQLLite or MongoDB databases can now be used as alternatives to the filesystem to store Taipy entities.
- Simplification of the authentication API.
Community edition: 1.1¶
Published on 2022-06.
taipy 1.1 contains the latest
taipy-core 1.1 and
taipy-rest 1.1 packages.
- The client-server communication settings are extended to accommodate various Flask deployment scenarios.
See the documentation for the async_mode parameter to
Gui.run()for more information.
- Implicit re-run of the
Guiinstance in Notebook environments.
See issue #320.
- Test server/client versions for safe interoperability.
See issue #323.
- Allow the edition of specific table columns.
See issue #366.
Stateinstance can be initialized in a user-defined function. See the on_init attribute of the
Guiclass for more details.
- Page definitions and the bound variables can be isolated in a module to clarify the
application code organization.
See this section for details.
chartcontrol can display georeferenced data on top of maps.
See this example for details.
slidercontrols have a new change_delay property that lets you tune how fast you want to propagate changes.
This allows for a better user experience.
inputcontrol has a new password property that, if True, obscures the user input.
selectorcontrols have a new label property that lets you display a label inside the control.
layoutblock has new syntax that makes it easier to define a repetition of column definition.
- Support for multiple assignment to variables in on_change().
- Execution modes: "development" mode (default) runs tasks in a synchronous way one task at a time, while "standalone" mode runs tasks in an asynchronous and parallel way using sub-processes.
- Retry policy to read entities: the global configuration attribute retry_read_entity indicates the number of times Taipy will retry in case of error.
- Performance improvements when reading and writing entities.
Significant bug fixes¶
- Error fixed when modifying a State dictionary entry in a callback.
See issue #356.
- Boolean values not editable in tables.
See issue #365.
- Crash fixed when using a dictionary in the labels property of the slider control.
See issue #379.
- Concurrency issues were fixed.
- The attr_list extension can
be used to style individual Markdown elements without the need for a CSS file.
See issue #185.
- Taipy supports HTTPS via reverse proxies.
See issue #263.
- The path attribute of
DataNodeConfig, for CSV, Excel and Pickle types is now deprecated.
default_path must be used instead: it is the default path to use when instantiating a data node from the config. Note that the attribute in the
DataNodeentity is still called path.
- The last_edition_date attribute of data nodes is now deprecated.
last_edit_date must be used instead.
- The edition_in_progress attribute of data nodes is now deprecated.
edit_in_progress must be used instead.
Enterprise edition: 1.1¶
Published on 2022-06.
This release contains all of
as well as additional features.
- User authentication.
- Authorization checks for all entities.
- Job recovery mechanism on application restart.
- Page generation based on the user's identity.
Community edition: 1.0¶
Published on 2022-04.
taipy 1.0 contains the latest
taipy-core 1.0 and
taipy-rest 1.0 packages.
- Multiple pages support
- Binding to global variables
- Python expression support in visual element properties
- Initial visual element set including tables and charts.
- Page content support for Markdown and HTML
- Jupyter Notebook support
- Full configuration system
- Data node management (read/write/filter/cache)
- Predefined data nodes (CSV, SQL, EXCEL, PICKLE)
- Scenario and cycle management
- Smart scheduling and execution (Scenario, Pipeline, and Task submission)
- REST APIs on top of